[ircd-ratbox] New setup config help.

Will Sheldon sheldon.will at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 07:52:58 UTC 2012

I'm really keen to get up and running with ratbox, I've setup a server
for our staff and students to use to collaborate out of hours but I'm
having some problems :-(

I have ircd-ratbox and ratbox-services up and running using the debian
packages ircd-ratbox and ratbox-services-mysql

I don't seem to be able to create a channel though :-(.

When I log in (using irssi from localhost) as god and issue '/join
#test' i get 'Irssi: Channel #test is temporarily unavailable, this is
normally because of netsplits. '

Would one of you lovely people be willing to look over my config files
and see if I've made any obvious mistakes?
http://pastebin.com/2ZzVTrrv

Has anyone written a "howto setup a server for idiots" guide, or have I
got the server setup but am not issuing the correct commands? I thought
perhaps I should be asking chanserv to create channels, but chanserv
wants me to log in with userserv first, but I can't seem to do that. :-(
I cant find much in the way of documentation so any pointers would be
hugely appreciated. I'd be willing to contribute a howto if one doesn't
exist, once i understand what I'm doing :-)

Will