[ircd-ratbox] SSL S2S issues

Jilles Tjoelker jilles at stack.nl
Sun Jun 17 17:55:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:01:28PM +0200, Marc Dequ??nes (duck) wrote:
> On 2012-02-28 10:03, b2 wrote:

> >  The problem was that debian and ubuntu packages comes with no
> > openssl
> > support by default , when recompiled from source with
> > '--enable-openssl' option everything goes OK . Thank you all for
> > responces.

> That's not true. Due to licencing problem (GPL + OpenSSL) it is not
> possible to distribue such a build, but ircd-ratbox is compiled with
> GNUTLS. Unfortunately S2S with GNUTLS is broken and noone cares???

> Btw, if you were unhappy with the current packaging, why didn't you
> sent a word on the Debian BTS?

In ircd-charybdis which also uses libratbox, I removed gnutls support a
while ago because it was broken. Some attempts were made at fixing it,
but reliability remained sub-par. Some of these fixes probably apply to
upstream libratbox; the repository is at
https://github.com/atheme/charybdis/

Most people do not care about GNUTLS support being broken because they
use OpenSSL which works fine. The /challenge oper authentication also
requires OpenSSL.

--
Jilles Tjoelker