[ircd-ratbox] Documentation

h3nt3r h3nt3r at gmx.com
Tue Feb 28 15:46:05 UTC 2012

On 28 Feb 2012, at 13:21, mog wrote:

> There's an example already present in the ircd.conf file. It's treated the same as other ircd connections.

Thanks I have simplified both conf files in order to avoid any further errors and i keep getting the same issue:

ircd:

/* doc/ircd.conf - ircd-ratbox Example configuration file
 * Default configuration for Fedora project,
 * please consult /etc/ircd/example.conf for detailed informations
 */

serverinfo {
        name = "irc.testnet.org";
        use_ts6 = yes;
        sid = "66L";
        description = "testnet IRC server";
        network_name = "ircd-ratbox";
        network_desc = "ircd-ratbox network";
        hub = no;
        default_max_clients = 1000;
};

admin {
       [ .. ]
};

log {
        fname_userlog = "var/log/ircd/user.log";
        fname_operlog = "var/log/ircd/oper.log";
        fname_serverlog = "var/log/ircd/server.log";
        fname_glinelog = "var/log/ircd/gline.log";
        fname_killlog = "var/log/ircd/kill.log";
        fname_operspylog = "var/log/ircd/operspy.log";
};

listen {
        host = "127.0.0.1";
        port = 6666, 6667;
};

class {
        name = "users";
        ping_time = 90 seconds;
        number_per_ip = 10;
        max_number = 100;
        sendq = 100kbytes;
        number_per_ident = 10000;
};

auth {
        user = "*@*";
        class = "users";
};

connect "ratbox.services" {
        host = "127.0.0.1";
        send_password = "pass";
        accept_password = "pass";
        port = 6666;
        class = "server";
        flags = topicburst;
};

channel {
         no_create_on_split = no;
};

modules {
        path = "/usr/share/ircd/modules";
        path = "/usr/share/ircd/modules/autoload";
};

services:

serverinfo {
        name = "ratbox.services";
        sid = "66K";
        description = "ratbox services";
        ratbox = yes;
};

admin {
        name = "admin";
        description = "ratbox services";
        email = "<admin at services>";
}
;

connect "127.0.0.1" {
        host = "127.0.0.1";
        password = "pass";
        port = 6666;
};

service "userserv" {
        nick = "USERSERV";
        username = "user";
        host = "services.int";
        realname = "user registration service";
        flags = opered, msg_self;
        loglevel = 5;
};

service "chanserv" {
        nick = "CHANSERV";
        username = "chan";
        host = "services.int";
        realname = "channel registration service";
        flags = opered, login_help;
};

service "nickserv" {
        nick = "NICKSERV";
        username = "nick";
        host = "services.int";
        realname = "nickname services";
        flags = opered, msg_self, disabled;
        warn_string = "This nickname is registered, you may be disconnected if a user regains this nickname.";
};