[ircd-ratbox] Spoofing part of host

Marcus Carlsson carlsson.marcus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 13:48:24 EDT 2010

Hi!

I've recently switched from Unrealircd to ircd-ratbox and a few days ago I
got a question from one client connected to the network asking if I could
spoof the hosts of the connected clients. Unrealircd spoof host/ip-addresses
in a manner of my.host.com which would become <random>.host.com, in other
words, removing a port of the host.

I haven't found anything similar to what I want, nor any module so now I'm
turning to you guys :) Do you know any module capable of doing what I want
or how hard would it be creating my own module to do this (haven't looked
through the source in detail)?