[ircd-ratbox] Patch for ratbox-services-1.2.2.

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Sat Apr 10 07:57:52 EDT 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 03:43:54AM -0500, Paul-Andrew Joseph Miseiko wrote:
> Attached is a patch that will allow a ratbox-services-1.2.2 to
> chroot(), setgid(), and setuid() based on provided command line
> arguments.

I realise this is somewhat delayed -- but I've finally had chance to give
this diff a review.

I had an issue initially because I had done -r -u -g -- which meant it
called setuid() to drop its privs, before it tried to setgid().

I've attached a replacement diff that moves the chroot()/setgid()/setuid()
calls out of the geopt() loop, which means you can pass the parameters in
any order..

I'll commit this into 1.3 sometime this week, and then merge across into
1.2 prior to doing 1.2.4..

Cheers,