[ircd-ratbox] Wildcards in connect.

Jilles Tjoelker jilles at stack.nl
Fri May 15 18:25:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 09:32:58AM -0400, Martin Redmond wrote:
> Trying to use an wild card to allow servers connect to a hub:

> connect "*.abc.com" { ....

>  From what I can tell the match call in m_server.c:check_check should be

> if(!match(tmp_p->name, name))

> not

> if(!match(name, tmp_p->name))

> After I made the change to my local copy I was able to
> connect multiple servers a1.abc.com, a2.abc.com ...
> to the hub with one connect entry.

Such connect blocks are not supposed to work (but that patch makes them
work).

The reason for the match() is not wildcard connect blocks, but
has to do with historical server hostmasking: it made it possible to
specify the true name for servers that mask their name to us, therefore
allowing connect blocks for multiple servers behind the same mask. For
example if you had server1.ratbox and server2.ratbox masked as *.ratbox,
this allowed you to have connect blocks for server1.ratbox and
server2.ratbox, instead of only one for *.ratbox.

Server hostmasking is no longer supported, so the match could be changed
to a normal string comparison.

--
Jilles Tjoelker