[ircd-ratbox] Question about simulation multiple users via one connection

"Florian Schätz" Iryan at gmx.de
Fri Jan 30 08:18:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

we're using an ircd-ratbox as our own little chat server, works fine. Now I want to try something new and connect a game (Ultima Online) via it's internal chat to the IRC server. The UO side of the problem is pretty easy, but I don't know how to start about linking the ratbox to it...

Is it possible to...
- connect to the ratbox with only ONE connection (from UO)
- but get multiple users this way (one for every user logged into the internal game chat)
- send out everything is happening in the IRC to UO and via versa

The whole thing has only to support very basic commands (mainly text messages, private messages, emotes and channel changes - but not more than one channel per game user at a time).

So... Is this possible? And if yes: How would one start with it?