[ircd-ratbox] [patch] +S / sslonly support for ratbox-services (partial/draft)

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 19:33:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 09:17:34PM +0100, Lee H wrote:
> I would wait a couple of days, we'll come to a decision on whether it should
> only be sent to services with a suitable CAPAB -- this will impact how
> services needs to deal with it..

Decision was made today.  ircd will now handle +S chanmode as follows (I
haven't coded this yet, but..):

+S chanmode will only be sent to servers supporting the 'SSLCHAN' CAPAB.
(This has the side effect of meaning the next release of ircd should no
longer send the +S mode to rserv).

+S will be accepted always from servers/remote users.  -S will be accepted
always from local users.

A new conf option will define both whether the server allows local users to
set +S, and whether the +S channel mode actually restricts what users can
join the channel.

This will complicate services slightly -- because it will need to honour the
CAPAB when it sends modes out.  It doesn't really have any checks on this at
present -- though it isn't too tricky, as services never hubs anything.

Any questions, let me know.

Cheers,