[ircd-ratbox] [patch] +S / sslonly support for ratbox-services (partial/draft)

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sun Sep 7 22:11:48 UTC 2008

http://distfiles.scode.org/mlref/ratbox-services_sslonly.patch

Does some trivial changes to make services understand the +S
mode. This is based on ~1 hour of looking at the code so I would not
be surprised if I missed things. It "seems to work" enough for
chanserv to be able to enforce the +S mode.

I does not address the issue of how to enable/disable this. If the
ircd is built without +S support, I suppose one does not want the
service to be trying to set such a mode, which this would allow.

Earlier today there was some discussion on #ratbox on making the
SSL-only stuff a config variable, so wanted to hold for
feedback/opinions before I try to make it one (I am very weak on
autoconf/configure so it would take some time for me).

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org