[ircd-ratbox] Features included in ratbox?

mog lists at elasticmind.net
Thu Jun 19 12:42:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

As of version 3 ratbox supports SSL encryption.

I am not aware of any internal functionality that would allow you to
easily create an automatic logging system or output dynamic HTML, but I
suspect these could be done fairly easily with an eggdrop or other IRC
bot with a suitable script to do what you want.

LDAP authentication could be a little more tricky, as it will depend on
what you are trying to achieve. Generally an IRC server is a public
service where authentication is only required for a very small group of
people, and as such the internal method of adding authentication classes
for groups of users, or individuals via the servers' configuration
files, is usually sufficient. I assume you would be wanting to restrict
access to the whole server and not just individual channels. I
personally have never known anyone wanting to integrate an ircd or bot
with LDAP before, but someone else may have, though I would think that
getting a bot to interface with LDAP might be easier then trying to get
an ircd to work with it.

So in short the things you want with should be possible, but not with
ratbox directly, unless some custom modules or major code modifications
were made for/to the server.

Regards.