[ircd-ratbox] TS6 requirement

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 18:22:06 UTC 2008

Hey,

Please note, the last release of 3.x, 3.0.0beta5 will be the last release
that will support directly linking to non-TS6 servers, which includes things
like hybserv 1.9.3.

This will only affect direct connections -- future releases of 3.0 will
continue to support the TS5 protocol itself, and deal with those servers
existing on the network.  It just won't be able to link to them itself..

TS6 is the protocol change that added identifiers for server->server
communication that were guaranteed to be unique across the network.  It is
generally quite important to have it nowadays..

Cheers,