[ircd-ratbox] ratbox-services chanserv lax on flags.

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:39:01 UTC 2008

Hey,

I'm tweaking ircd-ratbox and ratbox-services etc, and find that when I
restart both (ircd-ratbox + ratbox-services), chanserv neglects to
apply modes, for example +i #operators.

This means that after a restart, channels are unmanaged until a
registered (channel) op jumps in, and sets the modes, which are then
enforced.

Why does it not seem to obey CREATEMODES, or have I misunderstood them?

Thanks

Chris

[chris at amnesiac]~% uname -a
FreeBSD amnesiac.bayofrum.net 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Tue
Apr 15 18:40:15 BST 2008     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AMNESIAC  i386
[chris at amnesiac]~% pkg_info | grep ratbox
ircd-ratbox-2.2.8   An advanced, stable IRC daemon, used on many EFnet servers
ratbox-services-1.1.2_2 A highly configurable services package for use
with ircd-ra

--
One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of

R< $&h ! > $- ! $+	$@ $2 < @ $1 .UUCP. > (sendmail.cf)