[ircd-ratbox] ratbox-services-1.1.2_p1 port install on FreeBSD 6.2

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 17:38:29 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 07:35:46PM +0100, Lewis wrote:
> I'm not sure how it is used, or if it helps, but after doing a quick
> check for the existance of the file 'libsqlite3.a', I found it was
> already installed by the system-version of sqlite3 in
> '/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.a'.

When compiling against a pre-installed sqlite3 in a user specified
directory, we need the shared library (libsqlite3.so) rather than the
static library (libsqlite3.a).

For ports, it shouldn't really be allowed to compile its own sqlite3
variant.  It should instead require there is one already installed on the
system, and flat out refuse to compile if it isn't.

Though I am intrigued as to how you expect to offer support for mysql, pgsql
and sqlite3 via ports?

>         $(INSTALL) -m 750 src/$(BIN) $(DESTDIR)$(sbindir)
> -       $(INSTALL) -m 640 doc/example.conf $(DESTDIR)$(sysconfdir)
>         $(INSTALL) -m 640 include/setup.h $(DESTDIR)$(includedir)
>         $(INSTALL) -m 640 include/rserv.h $(DESTDIR)$(includedir)
>         $(INSTALL) -m 640 include/channel.h $(DESTDIR)$(includedir)

These include files are only used when the dbupgrade.pl tools are installed,
which you have removed from the Makefile..

Thanks,