[ircd-ratbox] How to become a services oper?

Lewis lists at elasticmind.net
Wed Nov 21 09:06:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

When specifying a services operator with the 'operator' class, the user
should reflect the identity of the person as they appear on IRC. So for
example, if the services operators appears on IRC as the following, then
you could use the corresponding user declarations in the operator class:

someone!someone at 102.32.15.113 -> user = "*someone at 102.32.15.113"
or
someone!someone at 150-31-51-124.domain.com -> user = "*someone@*.domain.com"
or
someone!someone at spoofed.address -> user = "*someone at spoofed.address"

Normally I would expect services operators to have spoofed addresses,
but hopefully the above examples will explain better.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Lewis.