[ircd-ratbox] How to become a services oper?

John Marshall John.Marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Tue Nov 20 23:41:30 UTC 2007

A pointer to documentation would be fine...

I have set up a small IRC network:
- Host1: ircd-ratbox 2.2.6
- Host2: ircd-ratbox 2.2.6
- Host3: ratbox-services 1.1.2

Host2 is a hub with Host1 and Host3 connected:
Host1--Host2--Host3

The services work fine for user/nick/channel registration but I can't
figure out how to become a services operator to (e.g. to DROP a channel
registration).

I'm guessing that, perhaps, I might need to "connect" to the services
box in order to be able to oper to the operator specified in the
ratbox-services.conf operator{} block. Does this mean that I need to
install ircd-ratbox on the services server?

No doubt the answer is staring me in the face. Sorry for what is
probably noise.

Thanks.

--
John Marshall