[ircd-ratbox] SSL Client-Server Capability?

John Marshall John.Marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Mon Nov 12 00:51:50 UTC 2007

I've just installed ircd-ratbox 2.2.6 on a FreeBSD server on our
internal network (no plans to connect it to a public irc net). I am
considering installing it on an Internet-facing server as well (and
connecting the two ircd's) so that we can permit communication with a
restricted set of Internet clients (restricting connection source via
ircd.conf and requiring connection password) - but I wouldn't do this
without using something like SSL on the public client/server link.

Is there a version of ircd-ratbox coming which supports encrypted
Client/Server capability?

I found a thread in this list's May 2005 archive on this topic - so I've
already seen that discussion:
<http://lists.ratbox.org/pipermail/ircd-ratbox/2005-May/000605.html>

Just wondering if there may have been subsequent developments?

Thank you for your help.

--
John Marshall