[ircd-ratbox] mkpasswd MD5 question

Andrew James rubberducky at phpizabi.net
Mon Jul 30 18:26:24 UTC 2007

This is a stupid question, so bare with me :)

I am working on creating a php script that uses an SQL database with my opers information (users/pass) saved in it. passwords are generated using

mkpasswd -m

My knowledge of C is extremely limited, so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
I'm just curious how the md5 passwords are generated so I can create a php function that can read them and/or create them.
I am aware its not a direct MD5 hash, i'm assuming its salted somehow..

Thanks
Andy