[ircd-ratbox] Getting operator{} to work

Didrik Madheden didrik at kth.se
Mon Aug 27 19:02:29 UTC 2007

I'm setting up a simple IRC server and it's been working udring my
testing except for one thing: I can't get operator{} to work. I'm
probably missing something obvious here, but I'm not seeing what,
so...
Here is my operator section in ircd.conf: (Without comments)
operator "<username>" {
        user = "*@127.0.0.1";

        password = "<password>";

        flags = global_kill, remote, kline, unkline, gline,
                die, rehash, admin, xline, operwall, ~encrypted;
};

I connect from irssi with this command:
/connect 127.0.0.1 6667 <password>

I've tried with or without ~encrypted, (Using the hash from mkpasswd
when trying without  encrypted) without change. What am I missing? Do
I need anything besides of the operator{} section?
I think one important thing here is what <username> actually stands
for here. Login name? Identd response? Do I need a corresponding auth
section for the operator? Any suggestions as to how it should look?

/Didrik Madheden

-----BEGIN 2ROT13 MESSAGE-----
Low Bitrate Netlabel: <http://f-label.tojt.net/>
Blog:
<http://gameboygenius.8bitcollective.com/>
SKRIVA på Lysator. Ditt Ahrvid-fria alternativ: