[ircd-ratbox] ircd-ratbox password encryption

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 17:41:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:38:54AM -0700, Nikolay Kolev wrote:
> I want to know what encyption method are you using for
> the password of the your application, because I'm
> creating a web site with PHP and I want create a login
> module using the passwords stored in the sqlite
> database of your application. Thanks!

Though I should also note that if you are having other processes reading
from the database and you expect this to be used a fair bit, you should
probably look at mysql or postgresql backends instead.

The SQLite locking mechanism is described here:
http://www.sqlite.org/lockingv3.html

The main issue you may have is to do a write to any table in the database,
sqlite has to lock the entire database and prevent reads whilst this is
being done.  These locks shouldn't last that long, but they may cause you
issues.