[ircd-ratbox] ircd-ratbox-2.2.0rc1 'testing' released

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 20:04:52 UTC 2006

A release of the client tools to accompany the new CHALLENGE system in this
release will be along in due course.  See http://respond.ircd-ratbox.org for
more information.

http://www.ircd-ratbox.org/download/testing/ircd-ratbox-2.2.0rc1.tgz
Sig: http://www.ircd-ratbox.org/download/testing/ircd-ratbox-2.2.0rc1.tgz.asc
sha1sum: f22f6e9d0e496fc84bd06308390613b5823a5d54

This is the current version of the 'testing' tree of ircd-ratbox.

If you are upgrading from 2.1, you must read doc/whats-new-2.2.txt
If you are upgrading from 2.0, you must also read doc/whats-new-2.1.txt
If you are upgrading from 1.x, you must also read doc/whats-new-2.0.txt

-- ircd-ratbox-2.2.0rc1
- A large number of memory usage related cleanups which should cut memory
  usage by a noticable amount.
- CPU optimisations for the iline/kline/dline hash.
- Removed rate limiting of /away.
- Extend TESTMASK to take [nick!]user at host matches.
- New TESTMASKGECOS command, a TESTMASK for a gecos match.
- Hardcode hiding servers IPs.
- HIDE_SPOOF_IPS is now hide_spoof_ips = yes|no; in general {};
- New CHANTRACE command, an ETRACE for a channel.
- Mangle klines for user at 1.2.3.* to user at 1.2.3.0/24 etc.
- Improved installation documentation.
- Fix a potential core in kills from a server
- Various fixes when setting bans (klines etc) which help prevent overriding
  minimum wildcard limits
- Output from ircd -conftest is now more streamlined, and will use proper
  exit codes
- Fix bug where temporary nick resvs had a 60x longer duration than
  requested.
- Add rtsigio back in, an IO subsystem for linux, particularly 2.4 users who
  do not have epoll.
- Rewrote the CHALLENGE system.  The respond utils are now in their own tree
  and there is a native windows port.  See http://respond.ircd-ratbox.org
- Speed improvements to poll()
- configure option --with-maxclients is gone, maximum number of clients is
  now done via the /quote set option, with an upper bound of what the shell
  tells us our fd limit is.

  You can set the default set option maxclients via serverinfo {};
  default_max_clients = number;
- ERROR had somehow been lost from loading.
- Improved logging in situations where we disallow a servers link.

$Id: RELNOTES 21741 2006-01-20 19:36:53Z leeh $