[ircd-ratbox] Attempt to re-introduce server ?

Richard Brooklyn ribs at riblet.plus.com
Sat Jan 14 22:45:39 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 17:17 -0500, Paul-Andrew Joseph Miseiko wrote:
> Verify you do not have more then one ircd running on the leaf
> (server2.com).

I assume you meant to send this to the list, not just to me...

Anyway, good catch. For some reason, the ircd was indeed running twice.
It seems that we have stumbled across a race condition of some sort. The
ircd.pid file contained the 'second' ircd process (I call it second, as
it was the one which didn't have control over the tcp port, however 'ps
ux' shows them both starting at exactly the same time). Which makes one
wonder how this happened.

I'll be talking to the admin about this later and I hope to provide you
with an update.