[ircd-ratbox] comm_fd_hack

Dustin Marquess jailbird at alcatraz.fdf.net
Sun Nov 20 07:03:02 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm slightly confused about comm_fd_hack in ratbox 2.1.7.

It says Solaris's stdio only supports fds < 256, yet it forces all fds
to start at 257?  Is it just me, or is it backwards?

If this is really how this is supposed to work, then maybe the follow
line in listener.c needs to be changed for Solaris machines:

         else if((HARD_FDLIMIT - 10) < fd)

On my OpenSolaris box I was setting maxclients to a small number for
testing (like 190), and comm_fd_hack was forcing the first fd to 257,
which immediately caused this if statement to fail.

-Dustin