[ircd-ratbox] problems with connection...

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 13:50:41 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 11:41:02AM -0500, Felipe wrote:
> People,
>
> It's the first time that i run a ircd and i choiced ratbox becouse some
> friends told-me its good.
>
> But i had a problem when i tried to connect, take a look:
> *** Notice -- You need to install identd to use this server
>
> So, i edited the conf file and put disable_auth = yes, but the problem
> continuos.
>
> Can anyone help-me with this problem ?

>From the example.conf documentation:

In general {}; - /* disable auth: disables identd checking */

This will disable ident checking - certainly not what you want.

In auth {}; * need_ident    (old + flag)   | require ident for user in this class

So youve told your server to not perform ident lookups, but your auth block
requires that people have dns.  Fix your auth {}; blocks.

--
-                        Lee H // anfl
-     Please Judy!  No more lesbian jam.  I cant keep it down!