[ircd-ratbox] UNGLINE patch

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 11:44:27 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 12:50:28PM -0500, Dustin Marquess wrote:
> UNGLINE seems to crash if you attempt to remove the last GLINE placed.
> This happens because it calls dlinkDestroy to destory the entry at ptr,
> and then DLINK_FOREACH tries to use ptr->next.

DLINK_FOREACH_SAFE() only needs to be used if you continue to iterate
over the list having modified it.  With UNGLINE once we've found a match
we immediately return, so ptr being mangled doesnt matter as its no
longer used.

Firstly, upgrade to the latest release (1.5-1) and see if the problem
still exists there.  If it does, follow the instructions in RELNOTES on
how to get a backtrace.  Note however if your ircd is modified in *ANY*
way (whether you think it affects glines or not), youre on your own, as we
dont offer support for modified daemons.

--
Lee H