[ircd-ratbox] ircd-ratbox-2.0rc6 released

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Sun Jun 6 21:15:27 EDT 2004

ftp://ftp.blackened.com/pub/irc/ircd-ratbox/beta/ircd-ratbox-2.0rc6.tgz
MD5 e670d2454319b2c95b09b3f90efaacd9 ircd-ratbox-2.0rc6.tgz

This is the current beta release version of the 'devel' tree of ircd-ratbox.

NOTE: THIS IS BETA CODE.  It is run at your own risk.  By running this
      code you assume FULL responsibility for any problems it may cause.  We
      do NOT recommend this code is run on production servers.

doc/whats-new.txt contains important lists of changes between 2.0 and 1.4 -
it is important you read this file before upgrading.

-- ircd-ratbox-2.0rc6
- we werent opening logfiles properly on boot
- stats T shows how many clients are in delayed exit
- fix a core with logging glines from hyb6 servers
- add a "client_auth" hook so people can hook into clients connecting
- add back io send debug hooks
- nick delay length is now in stats z
- kills are now in their own logfile, fname_killlog and formatted nicer
- kline log has been rewritten to be machine parsable
  see doc/logfiles.txt
- unresv over encap had wrong parc count
- add operspy/hidden_oper to shown operprivs
- fix for poll() issues with cpu
- contrib/m_olist.c now has operspy logging
- cleaned up how we test and mark clients as dead to (hopefully) fix a core

BUGS: Major bugs in this release are listed in BUGS

BUG REPORTS: If you run this code and encounter problems, you must report
the bug by EMAIL to ircd-ratbox at lists.ratbox.org

Please include a gdb backtrace and keep the core file, binaries and
modules in case the developers need them.

DISCUSSION: There is a mailing list for discussion of ratbox issues,
 To subscribe, visit:

We're also (sometimes) about on #ratbox at EFNet

Other files recommended for reading: BUGS, README.FIRST, INSTALL