[ircd-ratbox] SIGIO.

Aaron Sethman androsyn at ratbox.org
Wed Feb 25 21:11:28 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Paul-Andrew Joseph Miseiko wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody knew if it was possible to determine the file
> descriptor responsible for the IO signal when using SIGIO signals with
> FreeBSD?

You can't, gotta use poll() or select() after catching the SIGIO signal..
Why you'd *want* to use SIGIO on anything I'm not sure.  On Linux there is
an extension to SIGIO that allows the kernel to send the fd information
using real time signals.  But I don't think that FreeBSD supports this.

What are you trying to accomplish out of curiousity? ;)

Regards,

Aaron