[ircd-ratbox] ratbox-services (was: onward and upward..)

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 13:10:24 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 06:44:01PM +0100, Jilles Tjoelker wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:08:07PM +0000, Lee H wrote:
> > Over the past few months I have also been developing some undernet style
> > services (username/channel registration).  Theyre coming along pretty well
> > and there should be an initial release of that in early 2005.  Theres some
> > (but not much) info on http://services.ircd-ratbox.org, better bet is
> > grabbing it from CVS and poking round doc/ and help/.  Feel free to give
> > suggestions, operserv is already on my TODO though.
>
> Having looked through the code a bit, but not tried running it, I note
> the following:
>
> - Operators are defined with oper{} blocks while ircd-ratbox uses
>   operator{} blocks

I shall change this..

> - Alis omits +p channels; ircd-hybrid7 /LIST, ircd-ratbox /LIST,
>   www.efnet.info/?module=channels don't do that and it seems to be
>   intended that way

Yeah, I thought +p hid from /list, but visibly not.  I shall fix this too..

> - Am I right that operbot is meant as a centralized version of
>   OPME/OJOIN? (possibly substitute a less restricted version of OPME)

Nah - its just there to invite and op opers in oper channels - similar to
what operit does.

> - There are no channel settings (in chanserv) other than bans and
>   access. Modelock, autoop, autovoice could be useful.

autoop/autovoice is on my todo, modelock im not sure about.

Ill be merging some services-helper code into 2.0 at some point, which will
prevent the kicking/deopping of services.  Dealing with modelocking and
other stuff like it ends up leading to having to deal with bots fighting
with services.  Im really not sure about going down that road..

--
-                       Lee H // anfl
-     Out Of Cheese Error.  Replace lesbian jam to continue.