[ircd-ratbox] ratbox-services (was: onward and upward..)

Jilles Tjoelker jilles at stack.nl
Wed Dec 15 12:44:01 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:08:07PM +0000, Lee H wrote:
> Over the past few months I have also been developing some undernet style
> services (username/channel registration).  Theyre coming along pretty well
> and there should be an initial release of that in early 2005.  Theres some
> (but not much) info on http://services.ircd-ratbox.org, better bet is
> grabbing it from CVS and poking round doc/ and help/.  Feel free to give
> suggestions, operserv is already on my TODO though.

Having looked through the code a bit, but not tried running it, I note
the following:

- General code and config file seems clean

- Having commands like /stats and /admin work on services is cool. It
  seems like that more such commands working than in hybserv.

- Operators are defined with oper{} blocks while ircd-ratbox uses
  operator{} blocks

- Alis omits +p channels; ircd-hybrid7 /LIST, ircd-ratbox /LIST,
  www.efnet.info/?module=channels don't do that and it seems to be
  intended that way

- Am I right that operbot is meant as a centralized version of
  OPME/OJOIN? (possibly substitute a less restricted version of OPME)

- There are no channel settings (in chanserv) other than bans and
  access. Modelock, autoop, autovoice could be useful.

--
Jilles Tjoelker