[ircd-ratbox] Sentinel

Paul-Andrew Joseph Miseiko esoteric at teardrop.ca
Sat Sep 27 22:16:54 EDT 2003

Check for differences between 1.2-1 and 1.2-3 since the upgrade was from
1.2-1 to 1.2-3.

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 09:23:39AM -0400, W. Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Paul Miseiko wrote:
>
> > After reading about the "linebuf" problem in 1.2-1 of ratbox I made
the quick choice
> > to upgrade to 1.2-3.  Unfortunately after the upgrade to 1.2-3, W.
Campbell's sentinel
> > no longer performs the .op operation properly when the alert channel
is the same
> > channel the .op operation is being performed in.
>
> It appears 1.2-3 doesn't accept MODE changes from unopped users in the
> channel.  1.2-2 did (I tested it locally).  Sentinel's .op was
> dependent on an undocumented quirk, rather than doing the right thing.
> The issue you saw likely only happened when the admin client was not
> opped, am I right?

Hm, are we bouncing mode changes from unopped clients now?

We shouldnt be, and I cant see anything in the ChangeLog that wouldve
altered it directly between 1.2-2 and 1.2-3..  (cant see anything
indirect either)

--
Lee H