[ircd-ratbox] Sentinel

W. Campbell wcampbel at botbay.net
Sat Sep 27 10:23:39 EDT 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Paul Miseiko wrote:

> After reading about the "linebuf" problem in 1.2-1 of ratbox I made the quick choice
> to upgrade to 1.2-3.  Unfortunately after the upgrade to 1.2-3, W. Campbell's sentinel
> no longer performs the .op operation properly when the alert channel is the same
> channel the .op operation is being performed in.

It appears 1.2-3 doesn't accept MODE changes from unopped users in the
channel.  1.2-2 did (I tested it locally).  Sentinel's .op was
dependent on an undocumented quirk, rather than doing the right thing.
The issue you saw likely only happened when the admin client was not
opped, am I right?

In any case, the proper fix goes into Sentinel, available from
http://ircd.botbay.net/pub/Sentinel/2.3-opfix.diff
(That patch is from my development tree, but it should apply to 2.3
release without any problem)

Also, it's probably a good idea to check with me first, just in case
it was a problem in the service (which, in this case, it was) rather
than the ircd.