[ircd-ratbox] ircd-ratbox-1.2beta1 released

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Sun Jun 29 01:13:17 EDT 2003

ftp://ftp.blackened.com/pub/irc/ircd-ratbox/beta/ircd-ratbox-1.2beta1.tgz
md5sum: b058309257087f0083fc126feb1ead53  ircd-ratbox-1.2beta1.tgz

This is the current beta version of the 'stable' tree of ircd-ratbox.
This code is run at your own risk.

-- ircd-ratbox-1.2 RELNOTES

-- ircd-ratbox-1.2beta1
- added CIDR limits to classes, to limit the amount of connections in a
   given prefix allowed.
- added a reject cache, to handle people hammering the server when
   theyre banned
- added back split delay, the duration of time after a netsplit ends to
   come out of splitmode
- removed wildcard whois
- added /quote SET OPERSTRING to give the reply of an oper
- added /quote SET ADMINSTRING to give the reply used instead of
   operstring for an admin.
- added "operspy" logging into the ircd, this adds logging and the
   usermode +Z.  the actual operspy commands are not included.

   this adds options into logging {};
     - fname_foperspylog = "path"; for local uses of operspy
     - fname_foperspyremotelog = "path"; for remote uses of operspy
   into general {};
     - operspy_admin_only, controlling whether +Z is shown to admins only
   into operator { flags = x; };
     - oper_spy, controlling whether an oper may use operspy commands
       if theyre patched in.
- the ircd will now burst nicks first, then channels.
- global "/names" now works properly again.
- massive quitstorm cleanups, this should dramatically cut the amount
   of cpu time used.
- fix to disallow our servers impersonating glines from other users

BUGS: Major bugs in this release are listed in BUGS

BUG REPORTS: If you run this code and encounter problems, you must report
  the bug in one of the following ways:
   a) By EMAIL to ircd-ratbox at lists.ratbox.org
  Please include a gdb backtrace and keep the core file, binaries and
  modules in case the developers need them.

DISCUSSION: There is a mailing list for discussion of ratbox issues,
  To subscribe, visit:

Please read doc/whats-new.txt for information about what is in this release

Other files recommended for reading: BUGS, README.FIRST, INSTALL

$Id: RELNOTES,v 1.77.2.4 2003/06/28 22:26:50 leeh Exp $

--
-                       Lee H    //  fl @ irc
-                I code, therefore I break things