[ircd-ratbox] ircd-ratbox-2.0beta3 released

Lee H lee at leeh.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 10:58:40 EDT 2003

ftp://ftp.blackened.com/pub/irc/ircd-ratbox/beta/ircd-ratbox-2.0beta3.tgz
md5sum: 37974673610ff318f1e7e2dd17073f4f  ircd-ratbox-2.0beta3.tgz

This is the current beta release version of the 'devel' tree of ircd-ratbox.

NOTE: THIS IS BETA CODE.  It is run at your own risk.  By running this
       code you assume FULL responsibility for any problems it may cause.  We
       do NOT recommend this code is run on production servers.

-- ircd-ratbox-2.0 RELNOTES

-- ircd-ratbox-2.0beta3
- rewrite of the module api.  modules from 1.x will no longer work
- fix static module build
- various bug fixes wrt client exit code
- new blockheap code to allow for garbage collection to be done with
   balloc.c instead of in various places
- revert back to the old poll() code.  I broke it somewhere along the way
- bugfix in adns.c that caused us to seemingly randomly dump core(old, old
   bug)
- added xline hash for non-wildcard xlines
- optimization for moving clients between local lists. no more dlinkFind()
   call here(ick)
- added reject cache code
- various vms cleanups
- soft asserts, basically scream loudly on assert fail instead of core dump
- added operstring/adminstring vanity stuff
- modified burst order to send nicks then channels
- added support for VMS ast i/o
- misc code cleanups
- added a helpfile cache, allowing users to use /quote help
- all fixes done to -stable

BUGS: Major bugs in this release are listed in BUGS

BUG REPORTS: If you run this code and encounter problems, you must report
  the bug in one of the following ways:
   a) By EMAIL to ircd-ratbox at lists.ratbox.org
  Please include a gdb backtrace and keep the core file, binaries and
  modules in case the developers need them.

DISCUSSION: There is a mailing list for discussion of ratbox issues,
  To subscribe, visit:

Please read doc/whats-new.txt for information about what is in this release

Other files recommended for reading: BUGS, README.FIRST, INSTALL

$Id: RELNOTES,v 1.77 2003/06/25 08:49:33 leeh Exp $

--
-                       Lee H    //  fl @ irc
-                I code, therefore I break things