[ircd-ratbox] Re: Feature request2: +d channel mode, gecos ban

Joakim Axelsson gozem at aaricia.hemmet.chalmers.se
Fri Aug 8 14:03:17 EDT 2003

2003-08-08 03:30:06-0700, Fred Jacobs <lb at pobox.com> ->
> Random thought: what if we made the ban syntax allow an addition:
>
> nick!user at host[|gecos]
>
> This way we don't add another mode at all, no second list of bans, ...

I dunno. Make it a difference. hard for people to learn. Ircd make
difference between ident at host and gecos on all other levels.

Don't squeeze in more functions in the same "command". It violates the KIS
(Keep It Simple).

> Also, what do you do when the GECOS has a space, colon or other special
> char?  Just something to consider...

Thats adressed using "?" wherever you have a space as a wildcard instead.
Simple regexp * and ? should work as they do in config "resv" today.

--
/Joakim Axelsson A.K.A Gozem at EFnet